[governance] oversight

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Wed Oct 26 20:23:47 EDT 2005

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>wcurrie at apc.org ha scritto:
>

>>What if we take the key points of the Argentinian proposal
>>

>I would avoid adopting or making reference to any governmental proposal,
>even if just as a starting point. If you start from the Argentinian
>proposal, you join the "pro-USG anti-EU" front, and if you start from
>the EU proposal, it's the opposite.

I don't agree with your intepretation.
I don't think that the Argentinian proposal is a "pro-USG anti-EU"
proposal. I neither think that the EU proposal is anti-USG.
They are just different proposals, and surely there will be negotiations
(if there have not been yet) between the different groups.

BTW, don't be afraid of mentioning one specific proposal if it has
points that are of the interest of this caucus.
Different proposals could have different things that would deserve support.

Raúl