[governance] EU proposal - our proposal?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Oct 26 11:04:03 EDT 2005

The EU is currently preparing a second draft of their proposal, which
will be possibly discussed on Friday. The draft seems to expand again
and clarify the oversight part, and still lacks detail on the forum.

Friday might be too early for us, but I would suggest that any actual
text for section 5 that we might produce will be much more useful if
released by the next few days, so that we can circulate it among
governmental delegations at a stage where they haven't yet formalized
their positions.

About oversight - why don't we start to draft text to summarize our
discussion?

About the forum - I've got no reply on whether to proceed with the text
we've been discussing for the last week (attached again), or to restart
from zero. I have no problem to yield if people didn't like my push, but
I think that we now have a good text, and thus, personally, I would
prefer to accommodate all remaining concerns (if any) into it and
produce something as soon as possible.