[governance] Possible CS text on forum

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Oct 25 05:40:58 EDT 2005

Adam Peake (ajp at glocom.ac.jp) ha scritto:
> <http://www.net-gov.org/files/pc3_drake_1909.pdf>
> <http://www.net-gov.org/files/pc3_peake_2709.pdf>
> <http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/contributions/sca/APC-29.doc>
> <http://www.net-gov.org/files/pc3_doria_3009.pdf>
>
> Vittorio, I like what you're trying to do, but could we try to build
> from some text we've had some agreement about before.

I did not mean to disregard it, but we never had a discussion on any
actual "negotiating" text, ie proposal for the forum paras of section 5,
and the previously agreed text was not meant or fit for that purpose.
This is why (as explained in the initial message of the thread) I
thought that we could start from the text in the WGIG report, with which
we're all happy, I think, and with which also other stakeholders should
be reasonably happy (which IMHO is a big plus if compared to any text we
could write on our own).

Now, we could restart the entire process starting from excerpts of the
texts you mention, but as many caucus members already posted comments to
that text and we seemed to be getting near to consensus, what's the
point of doing so? I'd rather continue fleshing out that text.

Finally, since you raise a procedural point, I will reply with one as
well: I don't think that the APC document has been ever discussed, let
alone adopted, by the caucus. The same thing goes for the initial
interventions that some caucus members made on September 19 - I remember
objections from Ralf and Carlos, and you stating that we would not
consider them consensus documents. But I don't mean to be disruptive...
the message is just that I'm not sure we ever worked out on the list
much of a consensus before.