[governance] Forum: the EU is looking for inputs

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Oct 24 08:34:03 EDT 2005

Il giorno lun, 24-10-2005 alle 10:45 +0200, William Drake ha scritto:
> Anyway: we have a direct avenue now to influence the discussion.  The EU
> wants to hear what CS thinks.  Could we perhaps start with our prior text
> on a website and go through the existing and proposed provisions and try
> to get them something in say two weeks?

I think this is what we are doing in the thread you were summarizing
("Possible CS text on forum"), and I think that, apart from the
Executive Group issue, there's already a good quantity of consensus on a
caucus-proposed text for the forum paras, mostly taken straight from the
WGIG report. I suggest we work out some compromise on the
decision-making part of the forum (see next post in reply to Avri).

About the "more detailed text" with some practicalities, if we like, we
can start from the document I posted some days ago, which is already
somewhat known in the process (early versions were circulated as early
as March). We can of course change everything we feel necessary to
change or rewrite it entirely.

In any case, I can add these docs to our website, if you think it would
be useful.