[governance] alternate distribution master (was Sense of theSenate Resolution)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:03:53 EDT 2005

hello Milton,

On 10/20/05, Milton Mueller <Mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> > The IAB/IESG/ITU/IETF/ISOC have agreed that the
> >authoritative nameservers for ENUM won't be ITU run
> >servers.
>
> Not a very convincing argument. ISOC and IAB are obviously competitors
> in the power struggle with ITU,

but the ITU agreed, with them.  My sense on this (no empirical
evidence) was that the ITU recognised that running nameservers was not
their core biz, and didn't want to get into this particular biz.
Maybe Danny knows smt I don't about it.

> Democrat Party should not have a role in the current administration
> because the Republicans have agreed that they should not.

Yes, but when the Dems agree (as the ITU has done n this case) what
conclusion do you draw ;-)

--
Cheers,

McTim