[governance] alternate distribution master (was Sense of theSenate Resolution)

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu Oct 20 14:50:17 EDT 2005

>>> McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> 10/20/2005 1:10 PM >>>
> The IAB/IESG/ITU/IETF/ISOC have agreed that the
>authoritative nameservers for ENUM won't be ITU run
>servers.

Not a very convincing argument. ISOC and IAB are obviously competitors
in the power struggle with ITU, of course they want to keep as much as
possible out of its hands. I don't really take any position in this
"alternate distribution master" debate, but to cite ISOC/IETF's dislike
of ITU as a reason for them not to do something is like saying that the
Democrat Party should not have a role in the current administration
because the Republicans have agreed that they should not.