[governance] oversight

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Wed Oct 19 07:06:01 EDT 2005

Late to this but just to say I support Adam's text on oversight -
with thanks.

I'm also not sure that I agree with Laina's suggestion that there
needs to be timelines to prevent it from being vaporware. As I read
it the goal is not to have our plan adopted outright (well, that
would be nice but it will never happen), but to have our language and
goals adopted in whatever decisions are made going forward. In my
experience, dates just provide people an excuse to ignore the
substantive points ("these timelines are totally unreasonable, we
can't do this").

Regards,

Danny
--