[governance] host country agreement + "geostrategic innocence"

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Mon Oct 17 15:55:21 EDT 2005

Laina - your approach is nonsense.  Why negotiate with people who have no
control over root infrastructure.  The WSIS should bypass the institutions
and go directly to the points of control - i.e. the root operators
themselves.

Indeed I hink the root operators world wide are ready to negotiate some
contractual provisions.  The recent move of F root server operator Paul
Vixie to support an alternative root being the orsn www.orsn.org is
indicative they can be approached and reasoned with.

At this time the Internets root infrastructure - which I remind all of you
IS NOT UNDER CONTRACT - is the point of control.  Not the United States
government nor ICANN nor IANA.  Deal with the source - not the secondary
issues.

regards
joe baptista

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/