[governance] Civil Society Declaration on Internet Governance[revised text]

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Wed Nov 30 11:03:26 EST 2005

I agree with Bill's assessment.

Also, whilst I agree with your (Avri's) assessment that any group of people
can set up a WG, this is quite different than saying this group will be THE
CS group contributing into the IG Forum. It may just be better to say, CS
will be organising itself to see how it can best contribute to this Forum.
These various WGs could then collaborate together to see if there is one CS
input, and if not feasible, then there could be different CS WGs involved in
the Forum so as not to cause delays in trying to coordinate common points of
view. It has to be clear then which WG and who are the members this group
speaks for and hopefully this caucus list will be kept as a means to inform
others on what these WGs are working on so they can at the least be kept
informed.

Meanwhile, I know some may not like focus on procedure and process, in the
long run these will be key to CS effective participation (i.e.
inclusive,multistakeholder, legitimacy, etc) as well as that for the Forum.
Here is where I feel as we organise we can also offer suggestions on how the
Forum could organise itself and we should insist as we are in the CS draft
that we be included in that process building phase.

Laina