[governance] Thanks Avri- IG caucus - participation issues

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Thu Nov 24 12:54:54 EST 2005

Thanks Avri for taking the time to comment and respond with clarifications.
Helps understand the process and thinking and I actually wanted to ensure
that concerns as expressed by Guru were not written off but used as
suggestions for improvement. As I said before, there were clear suggestions
in my note and I see your clear responses. Thanks.

Just to add, insinuations or implicit accusations were not intended as I do
not know agendas etc anyway. I am making suggestions and I see your point
that for negotiators, good to have strong personalities than weak
coordinators. My point was just not having them both in the negotiating room
but either one of them or another volunteer keeping the meeting times to
allow those not as connected both online and offline to be "involved". I am
glad to see that your own story of being brought into the fold is an
encouraging one and I see you have thought through some of the suggestions
for greater inclusion.

Thanks once again for being engaged and taking the time to reply to my note,
and I agree we depend on volunteers and so we do need to keep their spirits
up and appreciate their work. Hope the suggestions will also be considered
to allow for others to feel involved and help improve the process further.

I must say I totally appreciated the spirit of Jeanette and your response to
my mail.

Regards,
Laina