[governance] the internet news hosting server died

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 21 18:38:33 EST 2005

Hi all

Some of you subscribed to the mailing list I had set
up, and you would have noticed that nothing has come
through of late.

The reason is the server and backup that were hosting
the list crashed and I've only just found out nothing
is recoverable. :(

There are 3 options for the future of the list and
making the news, information and research I compile on
domain names, governance, WSIS, censorship, legal,
security and more. These are:
 1. my contacts rebuild their server and then setup a
new mailing list which they "hope" to do

 2. people subscribe to the APPLe (Asia Pacific Policy
and Legal forum) list, where I also post the news and
on which I seem to be the only poster.

In the year-to-date it appears there have only been 6
other postings to this list so there is a low amount
of traffic. To subscribe to APPLe go to
http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apple where
you can also view the archive and recent "news" I have
compiled if you want to catch up on what has been
missed.

 3. if someone has the facility to host a mailing list
that I set up a list on their server.

For those who subscribed to the news, and who are no
doubt lost without the news, sorry about that!

And any feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers
David

David Goldstein
 address: 4/3 Abbott Street
             COOGEE NSW 2034
             AUSTRALIA
 email: Goldstein_David @yahoo.com.au
 phone: +61 418 228 605 - mobile; +61 2 9665 5773 - home