[governance] Way forward

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Nov 17 04:07:26 EST 2005

Hi,

thanks for starting the ball rolling on this.

I do think we need a coordinator (or set of coordinators) to take us
through this interim process - between the time the current term of
Jeanette and Adam ends (Friday) and the time we have figured out our
charter and membership conditions - assuming we decide to have
membership conditions and caucus rules and procedures.

I think that the coordinators for this period should be people who
declare they will not serve as coordinators immediately after the
interim so there can be no suspicion that they are twisting the
process to their advantage.

I am personally fine with the current coordinators staying in the
roles if they have no intention of continuing in the roles after the
interim period.  If on the other hand, they would like to be
considered for the future coordinator roles, then i think they should
step down and we should find new victims.

As for a drafting group, that always seems to be a problem with this
group.  We might leave it open and just use the Wiki that was set
up.  I think one of more drafting teams could self appoint and could
submit candidate text for consideration.

BTW: while the Forum will not start soon, the discussions on how it
is to be created will.  I think we should be ready to deal with this
when it happens.  So I think there is a hurry and I think that we
should try to resolve these issues quickly, for example in 2-3 weeks
from the end of the summit.  this will involve working to a schedule,
but think we could do it if we wanted to.

a.