[governance] Way forward

carlos a. afonso ca at rits.org.br
Thu Nov 17 04:11:21 EST 2005

Hi Vittorio,

Not clear to me at all. The logic you propose would be: you are in the
caucus until you have a clear position on the subject, and then you get
out of it and form a like-minded group to defend your position? The
caucus is precisely the space of expression of all positions, organized
or not, in interaction with all the ones who want to take a side if
there is one to be taken.

Actually we did not manage to have a consistent position on political
oversight precisely because the caucus is criscrossed with different
positions. This is fine, the only pity is that we could not converge on
a "minimum program" to present as the voice of the caucus. Maybe we will
be able to do so in the process onwards, as Izumi suggests we keep
trying to do, and I agree.

fraternal rgds

--c.a.

Carlos A. Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272 - sexto andar
22270-060 Rio de Janeiro Brasil
tel +55-21-2527-5494
fax +55-21-2527-5460
http://www.rits.org.br