[governance] latest canadian proposal on the forum

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Mon Nov 14 14:47:34 EST 2005

I'd find it unfortunate if the question of hosting the forum becomes
reduced to the UN versus private sector cleavage. While I don't mind at
all for the UN SG to initiate the forum, I would hope for more creative
solutions wrt the long term hosting. I've been told that the EU is
considering a proposal.

Whoever hosts the forum, I would hope for an organization that shows
some sympathy to the idea of a new forum.

jeanette