[governance] APC - Forum draft?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Nov 11 02:09:09 EST 2005

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> What a great idea, Wolfgang. What do you think Adam and others tried to
> initiate over the past weeks? The sad truth is that this list seems to
> turn into an assembly of veto actors. I wouldn't be able to say if there
> is anything we agree on at the moment.

Well, I tried to do exactly that, with my list of agreement and
disagreements. Apparently, it didn't work out. And speaking in general,
some people feel like they've been doing all reasonable steps to create
consensus and they've been stopped by some destructive opposition, while
the opponents feel they're being regularly ignored and this is why they
have to oppose.

I think that what we desperately lack is an objective procedure to
measure consensus, and, once it's measured, ruthlessly proceed. Food for
thoughts for our Caucus meeting...

I'm specifically concerned by the fact that we all seem to agree on 95%
of the substance for what regards the Forum, and yet we can't manage to
come up with a consensus document. I'm not sure whether we can do
anything in that regard.