[governance] APC - Forum draft?

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:24:38 EST 2005

Dear Anriette, Willie and Karen (and I suppose other contributors),
 Very useful contribution, very complete list of points addressed and an
effort to provide a comprehensive architecture.
 I support the general outline. Good basis for further refinement. Of
course, Vittorio is raising important questions, particularly regarding
openness of membership and the role of the Team, and these must be
addressed. But this text has the considerable benefit of narrowing down the
domains of discussion among us.
 Before getting into that, a pragmatic question echoing Bill's remarks. Is
this document something that APC proposes :
- as a basis for discussion within the IG Caucus, with the objective to
build a position for CS as a whole (or at least to get the endorsement of a
significant number of organizations)
- or rather as an APC paper that will be released anyway under APC name and
is circulated to collect comments and improvement
 I think it has the potential to allow the first option. Tell us what you
have in mind.
 Best
 Bertrand