[governance] APC - Forum draft?

William Drake wdrake at cpsr.org
Thu Nov 10 12:03:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm all for consensus too, am glad APC wrote up a helpful contribution,
and don't wish to dwell on awkward points.  But I have to admit to feeling
like it's little unfortunate that the caucus agreed a text responding to
the WGIG report, some of us suggested that it simply be put forward again
to the summit, but we dithered and talked about other matters, and now our
text has incorporated basically wholesale into the APC's more extended
treatment.   So what does the caucus do now to put forward a position of
its own at the summit?  Do we use our text anyway?  Or conversely just
endorse the APC's document incorporating our wording, as if we'd not done
anything ourselves?

I'm confused.

Bill