[governance] and more Re: Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Nov 9 15:27:34 EST 2005

Preobably it is helptul to refer here to two of the seven basic principles of international law, which are in the UN Charter and which are defined as jus cogens:
a. is the principle of self-determination of peole, this is the general principle and part of this principle is that the people have a right to elect a government. But it is forst of all the "people" (UN Charter starts with "we the people....")
b. it is the principle of sovereign equality of states this is "the government" that means all governments are equal according o international law.

While governments, also in the WSUIS conext, refer primaritly to the principle of sovereignty, we shiould refer also to th UN Charter but refer to the principle of self-determination of people.

Bets

wolfgang

+