[governance] and more Re: Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Wed Nov 9 14:25:39 EST 2005

Danny
To me, "ownership" would lie with the continent of Antartica, and the
management or "trust" of it would be with the government ,
international group, band of penguins or whoever is currently managing
the place.
The way ccTLDs come across to me, (and I'm sure to a whole lot of
people)  they are inextricably linked with the territory or country.
If that isn't so, the the whole point of  "country code" kinda doesn't
make sense...
I did wonder once why have ccTLDs and gTLDs and not just TLDs - the
distinction seems to set up just this sort of confusion.
However, I will read MIchael's reference and see if it makes more sense to me.
Off to a meeting - will take up later.
Jacqueline

--
Jacqueline Morris