[governance] Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Nov 9 13:17:39 EST 2005

On 9 nov 2005, at 09.15, Parminder wrote:

> Adam wrote:
>

> I am sorry, if it is complicated - but I cannot simplify it to say
> that -
> yes I want governmental control over Internet.

This is an area where we have fundamental disagreement.  I would
prefer for governments to have no role in oversight.  Recognizing
that this impossible I see it as an acceptable compromise to share
governance of the internet with governments.

If we cannot arrive at a multistakeholder notion of governance i
think we will have failed.  And yes, I recognize that we don't all
have the same definition of multistakeholder influence/stewardhsip
and we don't all support its essential transforming importance.  To
me, however, this is more important then any of the specific issues
of modality.  The modalities of multstakeholderism are complex and I
see the Forum as a space where these issues can be thrashed out.

a.