[governance] Cerf and Kahn receive the US highest civil award

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:36:05 EST 2005

Dear all,
 Please let's not start a new thread that can gon on for a long time and
will only distract everyone at a critical moment :-)
 Just two points :
1) such an award is highly deserved and long overdue
2) one cannot fail to notice the particular timing of this honor
 I would have personnally preferred - in rdue espect for the value of what
those two people created - that it were given to them earlier and not in a
context that brings unnecessary political overtones to it. But it is not
their fault. (sorry for my english that probably does not reflect all the
nuances I would like to put here, but you probably all see my point).
 Best
 Bertrand