[governance] Tunis / Internet Governance / Wifi

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Nov 6 10:19:38 EST 2005

Should some of the issues not be resolved at the resumed prepcom,
then they will be brought to the summit. The structure that deals
with it at the summit would be, as Renate mentions, the committee of
the whole. That committee would likely break into subcommittees or
working groups - and take up meeting rooms at the summit.

My feeling at this time is that indeed we'll have text negotiated at
the summit proper. if the happens, there are some key  logistical
issues for CS:

- a. where will we meet if the committee of the whole takes up the
meetings rooms.
- b. Will CS have access to the meetings (enter & observe). We know
that when prepcom rules apply we are allowed in plenary and
subcommittee sessions -but does the same hold for the summit itself ?

- c. Internet access. This issue has been raised many, many times. CS
has repeadily asked for free Wifi. We are likley to get WiFi, but at
a cost. Thus, we need to mobilize CS groups that are coming to Tunis
to help us create a free wireless network for us to use at the
negotiations (resumed prepcom & summit proper).

CS needing to setup it's own communications infrastructure (ie. free
wifi) to be able to participate in the WSIS is a message on to
itself. Let's make it.

regards,

Robert

--