[governance] suggested changes to chairs paper, paras 45 and 65

Gurstein, Michael gurstein at ADM.NJIT.EDU
Sun Nov 6 07:43:03 EST 2005

>From the perspective of someone who does a lot of editing including some
experience in a former life of editing for UN-ese could I suggest that
the following paragraph (PROPOSED CHANGE B) would scan rather better
(with I think no change in content) than the one being presented
(PROPOSED CHANGE A)...

MG

PROPOSED CHANGE B

43 c. Civil society has played an important role on Internet matters.
This role has ranged from capacity building at the community level, to
the fostering of technological innovation in infrastructure and systems,
to the creation of much of the content that makes the Internet what it
is today. Civil Society should continue to play such a role.
> <http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/contributions/sca/GLOCOM-22.doc>

> 45 c) Civil society has also played an important role on Internet
> matters, especially at community level, and should continue to play
> such a role;

PROPOSED CHANGE-A