[governance] caucus statements

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Jul 21 13:11:06 EDT 2005

Il giorno gio, 21-07-2005 alle 17:50 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer ha
scritto:
> CS humor? Note that the point was addresses by Paul Vixie for the WGIG
> report:
>
> http://fm.vix.com/internet/governance/wgig-report-july05.html
>
> Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS).
>     The authors and publishers of these reports could strengthen their recommendations in the area of FLOSS by following them! Why were several of today's documents released as MSWord files rather than OpenDocumentText (ODT) files? The F/L/OSS movement has been studying the freedom in cyberspace problem space for longer than the Internet has had a government (such as it is), and there's a natural alliance, if not outright overlap, to be found between people who want democratic government of cyberspace, and people who write software so they can give it away. So, don't just praise the recipe for this kool-aid -- drink it!

And so, since earlier today we have an ODT version of the report
officially available on the WGIG website.

(I guess you will also have an ODT version of the Background Report as
soon as possible, if that damn OpenOffice stops putting extra numbering
on all single paragraphs of the DOC file as I save it after import.)

Ciao,