[governance] Multi-Stakeholder Wiki for IGF?

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:42:06 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Jacqueline Morris <jam at jacquelinemorris.com> wrote:

> Practicality also works against NYC, as it is difficult and getting
> increasingly more so for ppl to get a US visa.
> Jacqueline

This in general terms is getting more and more cumbersome : people going to
meetings in New York are not going to the United States but to UN
international territory (if of course the meeting takes place in UN
premisses).  Freedom of access should be guaranteed and hosting the major
site of the Un is a priviledge that comes with special responsibilities.

I remember the long debates on the host country agreement for the hosting of
the summit in Tunis. I would never have thought I would see in my lifetime
this kind of problem arising with the US government. Much to my despair, I
would say.

B.