[governance] Multi-Stakeholder Wiki for IGF?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:00:34 EST 2005

On 12/15/05, Wolfgang Kleinwächter
<wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> thanks for pushing it further forward.

seconded

> My understanding was that we had a basic consensus on the main design. I have no preference to some of the questions you have mentioned below (domain name, host organisation etc.) .

me either

> To launch the project abnd to make it really "maultistakeholder" we should do it probably in consultation with the IGF Secretariat which will be established soon. My understanding is that as soon as the IGF Secretariat is established there will be an annucment for a first informal open consultation probably in Geneva

why in Geneva?

Because the ITU is there?  I think that if the UN is going to organsie
the secratariat, why not do it an another UN HQ.  I suggest Nairobi,
as that is:

a. in a LDC/Southern economy, which sends a message that the IGF will
be concerned with and is convenient to the global south

b. see a.

I reckon that Geneva has had it's fair share of IG events/bodies, and
it's time to share the love!

--
Cheers,

McTim