[governance] Striking the right balance between private and public interests on the Internet

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:29:58 EST 2005

thanks Lee,

Indeed SPOF=Bad

Having a regulatory environment that mandates on and only one IDG
(Intl Data Gateway)=Very Bad

Having a regulatory environment that mandates on and only one IDG AND
having that IDG licensee be single homed= VERY VERY Bad.

10k USD for VSAT kit and 2 engineers could see 100MBps landed there in
a week.  It would probably be cheaper to do it via an inclined flight
(satellite) than via the submarine cable.

The only drawback is that it seems to be illegal in Djibouti.

/Mctim