[governance] visibility of IG debate + caricatures

Jovan Kurbalija jovank at diplomacy.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:18:26 EDT 2005

After being off-line for a few weeks, I am currently going through pending
messages. Few weeks ago Jeannette made an interesting point about the
visibility of the IG debate in decision-making circles. My experience
confirms her views.  Outside the circe gravitating to this mailing list +
WSIS/WGIG the IG is almost non-existing.

This was recently confirmed in our IG DVD work. We have been trying to find
caricatures and cartoons illustrating IG issues. Apart from general
caricatures about the Internet, IG-related ones are almost non-existent
(spam is a partial exception). The number of caricatures is usually a good
indicator of the public visibility of a particular issue.

Jovan

P.S. If anyone is aware of some IG-related caricature/cartoon, please let me
know.

Message: 5