[governance] Starting the planning for Prepcom 3

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 22 10:37:01 EDT 2005

Robert Guerra wrote:
> The larger question is how to co-ordinate all of this? Is there an
> existing "reporting group", if not, can a specific PrepCom III adhoc
> group be created for this?

As I mentioned, I guess Jane Johnsen from the UN Association of Danmark
will again coordinate the volunteer reporting team that will observe and
digest the whole official debate. They did a good job last time, but
certainly can need more volunteers and a bit of techie expertise to speed
things up. I will be in Copenhagen the week before the PrepCom starts and
will try to talk to her about it.

I am not such a big fan of audio recordings. It takes forever to listen to
them, and if you really are offsite and have so much time, you better
listen to the ITU live stream and type down the important parts for all
the others. Of course, for the sake of transparency, it would be good to
also have recordings of closed sessions and CS events / meetings, but a
nicely typed-down transcript is much easier to use and disseminate.

Should we move this discussion to the plenary list? Or wait until Rik is
back from Cuba and start planning in a smaller ad-hoc group?

Best, Ralf