[governance] Starting the planning for Prepcom 3

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Aug 22 09:31:59 EDT 2005

Il giorno dom, 21-08-2005 alle 16:58 +0200, Ralf Bendrath ha scritto:
> We at worldsummit2005.org will report every day and upload all important
> CS documents that are not available elsewhere. We will also try to link to
> all the blogs.
> I guess Rik will again provide meeting notes etc. on the CS section of
> wsis-online.net.

I don't know whether ITU is going to do webcasts and of what, but it
would be good to have webcasts as well. If you want, I can contact the
people who did the webcast of the WGIG meetings using only free software
solutions. This has some practical disadvantages (clients are not so
nice, the system is still under development, etc) but I think it's
certainly better (in terms of political correctness) than using the
average Real stuff.

I don't think they could afford coming for two weeks to Geneva to do the
webcasts themselves, but I think that they would be more than happy to
help some volunteer to install the recording software, make it work, and
perhaps also provide (part of) the servers and bandwidth.

But the question is, is there anyone in CS (or maybe a team) who has a
suitable laptop/webcam couple, will attend the entire PrepCom, and would
spend his/her time doing the webcast?