[governance] First Draft of Statement on US CommerceDepartment/GAC chair intervention

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Fri Aug 19 18:35:14 EDT 2005

Outside of the reservations on technical grounds made by Adam, Bill,
Avri et. al on the list, which I agree with, there is also the
question of strategy. It seems to me that the potential benefits of
releasing Milton's statement as CS are small compared to the risks of
negatively affecting the perception of CS among key stakeholders
where bridges need to be maintained (some non Euro-American
governments springing to mind). From my POV, the potential downside
is far greater than the upside w.r.t. CS' future involvement in
whatever new processes emerge.

Best.

Danny