[governance] First Draft of Statement on US Commerce Department/GACchair intervention

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Aug 18 16:50:18 EDT 2005

Milton, from the comments I have been reading here, I do not believe this
reflects the views of civil society. It's a perfectly valid viewpoint to put
forward if you wish as an individual or a group of signatories, but I do not
believe it is or ever will be a draft civil society statement. So I believe
you should remove that heading and make it a statement from individuals who
support it.

That does not include me. Nor do I think you would be able to amend this
documents to reflect the views I hold on this subject, along with many
others on this list. Please respect this difference as being a valid and
different interpretation of what is going on and what we should do about it.
I agree with a lot of what you are trying to achieve but find myself a long
way distanced from the positions you want to take and your interpretation of
events and appropriate actions.

Ian Peter
Senior Partner
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd