[governance] Signposts in Cyberspace report

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Aug 17 13:00:16 EDT 2005

Colleagues,

Recently, The National Academies Computer Science Telecommunications
Board study, "Signposts in Cyberspace" was released. It deals in detail
with "Internet Governance" issues surrounding the DNS. I was on the
study committee and think its worth the attention of your readers.

A "summary brochure" highlighting the report contents and takes readers
to the download site. It is at:

http://www.cstb.org/dns/signpost.html

Unlike anything else available on the topic, it provides a compendium
of historical information, technical details, and reasoned analysis
about alternative courses of policy by a group of experts representing
and considering a wide range of viewpoints. We agreed on some things and
not on others- and the report details why.

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org