[governance] Triple x & questions to the caucus...

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Wed Aug 17 11:22:47 EDT 2005

in regards to the triple x issue, i think it is important to know the
facts and where the different civil society groups stand on this.

Thus, let me pose a couple of questions:

1. Are the positions of other governments (either on, or off the GAC)
known a this time ?
2. What is the position of the other caucuses on this issue.
Specifically, are what is the position of the media, gender and human
rights caucus on this issue? The youth caucus, who by the way have
submitted a wgig response document as well, might also be interested
in this topic.

3. It would be good to document the process that has been followed to-
date in regards to the triple x domain and what (if any) steps are
still required to have the domain up, running and available to the
world. Wolfgang - Can you elaborate on your earlier message ?

4. Given the importance of the upcoming WSIS precom in Geneva, the
question needs to be asked - to what extent, better said what time,
energy and resources should be dedicated to the triple-x issue vs.
others of importance at the prepcom.

if there are people who, perhaps, care more about the triple-x issue
- then, might a triple-x working group be an idea. The smaller group
could generate the docs, statements, etc, and then bring it back to
the larger group.

I am just suggesting this - IF - people might also want to keep on
planning on non-triple x issues.

regards

Robert

--