[governance] On CS I'net Gov. Caucus Response

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Aug 15 04:09:17 EDT 2005

At 20:35 14-08-05  -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>As an ICANN Board member with roots in the Internet industry and in
>civil society, I'd suggest very strongly that you stand up for the
>people who put you there and oppose this request by the GAC.

Milton,
I think I've proved with probably all my work in the last 20 years that I
keep close to some principles, and one of them is to stand for the rights
of the citizens, then for the rights of the civil society in Bulgaria.
Please, keep in mind that 16 years ago there was no such term at all in my
own country. I've gone through a period where we were actually building it.
While I can't say how I will vote on the ICANN board, I can asure you that
I am reading a lot, listening to other people's opinions, studying the
issues on the table, and I hope that so far my decisions have not been
against the interests of the broader Internet community.

best,
veni