[governance] CS comments, edited initial response

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Aug 12 05:47:27 EDT 2005

At 7:06 PM +0100 8/11/05, karen banks wrote:
>hi

stuff deleted

>>Most likely we'll only be given time speak at the beginning or end of
>>the day (perhaps sub-committee session, i.e. end of the morning). But,
>>I think we should push for the chance to respond as issues are
>>discussed, e.g. invited by the chair to respond (if we have something
>>pertinent to say) at his discretion as they run though the
>>report/issues.
>
>was this raised with the ambassador during the informal discussions?

Not by us.  Ayesha Hassan started towards a suggestion like that in
her opening comments at the lunch, but we then went off at a tangent.
I raised it in question form during the presentation of the WGIG
report. Ayesha responded positively, so this may be something we push
jointly.  But at the same time India and Brazil reacted negatively to
my question and Ayesha's response.

>can we note this in our submission also? by way of preamble etc

Could do.  Amb Khan is holding another open consultation (I think
early September?) so it could be raised then, written and verbal.

Adam