[governance] CS comments, edited initial response

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Thu Aug 11 14:06:22 EDT 2005

hi

thanks a lot adam

>I think we need Sub-Committee A to set up working groups to look at a
>number of issues:

an additional recommendation you mean? yes, i think it's a good idea and it
would be a good idea if prepcom was organised to address issues in clusters
- which i imagine it will - by paras..

>Forum: to look at structure, scope, membership, modalities, funding.
>Oversight: what form.
>DNS: how to internationalize.

let's not leave developing country participation and capacity building out

>Made a suggestion that the US government should be nice about the root
>zone.  Then a bunch of smaller issues.
>
>Overall I think it would be helpful if someone could put the issues in
>the same order as they appear in the WGIG report and say which report
>para(s) our comments are referring to.  More natural, and it could
>help if we are to respond on an issue by issue basis during prepcom.

i'm happy to have a go at that, but if someone else has time and
motivation, happy not to ;) - let me know asap

>Most likely we'll only be given time speak at the beginning or end of
>the day (perhaps sub-committee session, i.e. end of the morning). But,
>I think we should push for the chance to respond as issues are
>discussed, e.g. invited by the chair to respond (if we have something
>pertinent to say) at his discretion as they run though the
>report/issues.

was this raised with the ambassador during the informal discussions?

can we note this in our submission also? by way of preamble etc

>Last -- it's late here, only read these on screen, not paper. Only
>half proof read.

thanks again

karen