No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

compromise.

From: Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com>
> Date: 25 November 2014 at 00:26
> Subject: Re: [governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS
> participation in NETmundial Initiative
> To: Internet Governance <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
> I would recommend that IGC engages with the NMI process by participating
> in the vetting and selection by CSCG of civil society nominees to the NMI
> Coordination Council.
> On the IGC behalf, I will further advise and support the idea that the
> CSCG assorts the CS participation with a number of conditions that will be
> meant to make sure the continuous participation of the CS and its
> appointees is subject to being accountable to their constituents.
> CSCG will be informed immediately of this outcome, that is, the acceptance
> of IGC to go forward with NMI.

______________________
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson

--001a1133322a5da77e0508ad9acc

ef=3D"mailto:jmalcolm at eff.org">jmalcolm at eff.org</a>> wrote:<br>> The =
CSCG is deliberating upon this now, but based on the discussions on<br>>=
 this list and the messages given both in favour and against<br>> partic=
ipation, the most broadly acceptable option seems for us to<br>> support=
 that compromise.=A0 But let's see whether the other members of the<br>=
> Civil Society Coordination Group (besides JNC) agree on that - if not,=
tes<br>> who have self-nominated. Either way, we should know by tomorrow=
 and I<br>> will write back to this list then with more news then<br><br=
me compromise.<br><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px=
 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);bor=
der-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">From: Mawaki Chango <<a href=3D"m=
ailto:kichango at gmail.com">kichango at gmail.com</a>><br>Date: 25 November 2=
014 at 00:26<br>Subject: Re: [governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on=
 CS participation in NETmundial Initiative<br>To: Internet Governance <<=
a href=3D"mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org">governance at lists.igcaucus.o=
rg</a>><br>I would recommend that IGC engages with the NMI process by pa=
rticipating in the vetting and selection by CSCG of civil society nominees =
to the NMI Coordination Council. =A0<br>On the IGC behalf, I will further a=
dvise and support the idea that the CSCG assorts the CS participation with =
a number of conditions that will be meant to make sure the continuous parti=
cipation of the CS and its appointees is subject to being accountable to th=
eir constituents. =A0<br>CSCG will be informed immediately of this outcome,=
 that is, the acceptance of IGC to go forward with NMI.</blockquote>_______=
e some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on higher groun=
d in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson</div>

--001a1133322a5da77e0508ad9acc--