No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

-30/>
6. Report from the I* Leaders Meeting

Bernard, Russ and Olaf attended a meeting of I* leadership in Miami on 29-3=
0 November 2011. The meeting included participants from RIRs, ICANN, ISOC, =
and the W3C. Discussion topics included interactions with governments and t=
he IANA RFP.

From: <http://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/nro-at-apnic-33.pdf>
=95 NRO workshop in 3-8 February, Miami, Florida =96 Hosted by ARIN
=96 Concurrent with ICANN/IANA distribution of last 5 /8s
=96 Met with ICANN, ISOC, IAB & IETF (I*) Executives

etc.

Given the nature of the Internet, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the var=
ious Internet organizations
have to coordinate and it's often more efficient to do his together than vi=
a many one-on-one meetings.
Such coordination may not have have been "publicized" (as in press releases=
) but information about
their existence of such meetings of the various I* leaders was certainly in=
 the public as noted above,
and this was well before the Montevideo Statement on the Future of Internet=
 Cooperation.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

--_000_AC1BE8C0A23F482AA3CEB400ADDB8518corparinnet_

<head>
252">
</head>
e-break: after-white-space;">
On Jan 8, 2014, at 6:14 AM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal &l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net">jc.nothias at theglobaljo=
urnal.net</a>> wrote:<br>
rmal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; li=
ne-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline !important;">It
 is amusing to note that thanks to the Montevideo statement, the existence =
of these meetings has now become a public information - a very-behind-close=
-doors-meetings!! The I-stars meetings were not publicized before the NSA s=
candal pressures the I-stars.<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space"> </=
span></span></div>
e past have been </div>
ey see fit, e.g. - </div>
iab-minutes-2011-11-30/">http://www.iab.org/documents/minutes/minutes-2011/=
iab-minutes-2011-11-30/</a>></div>
Bernard, Russ and Olaf attended a meeting of I* leadership in Miami on 29-3=
0 November 2011. The meeting included participants from RIRs, ICANN, I=
SOC, and the W3C. Discussion topics included interactions with governments =
and the IANA RFP.</div>
From: <<a href=3D"http://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/nro-at-apnic-33.=
pdf">http://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/nro-at-apnic-33.pdf</a>>
rida =96 Hosted by ARIN<br>
=96 Concurrent with ICANN/IANA distribution of last 5 /8s </block=
quote>
F (I*) Executives<br>
e various Internet organizations</div>
an via many one-on-one meetings.</div>
 press releases) but information about</div>
ly in the public as noted above,</div>
ernet Cooperation.</div>

--_000_AC1BE8C0A23F482AA3CEB400ADDB8518corparinnet_--