No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

However, I would be very happy to be proved wrong. Something needs to provide a breakthough in the current IG hiatus.

Mistakes and bad communication seem to be happening on many levels. Very little forward progress seems to be evident and little time remains for concrete developments.

But as they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Perhaps Brazil will give us that small single step.

So for me, I am persevering with quite small expectations, and I think that is probably our best path at this stage. There are plenty of things which are far from ideal but for me at least none of them suggest that it is time to withdraw or stop trying to make something of this.

From: Carolina Rossini
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:22 AM
To: parminder
Cc:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:bestbits at lists.bestbits.net">mailto:bestbits at lists.bestbits.net</a>

Subject: Re: [bestbits] emails to Adiel

No problem for your words Parminder. I know there is a lot of frustration going on. But I have to secure you that ALL we know and ALL we have learned, we DID communicated to the list. Everything else, we simply did not know. And as soon as we learned (like, CGI wanting to channel communications through 1Net), we communicated immediately. So, I learned that yesterday and I communicated that yesterday. I learned that Adiel was going to Brazil yesterday or the day before and than I communicated (and then he negated, and then I asked again, and then folks said..."oh, Fadi is coming". And then I sent your email with the letter of the Liasons to Fadi).
:-)
So, I promise to you parminder, that we know as much as you. And I also can tell you that CGI has been less transparency that we all would expect. We are actually pressuring the CS board members of CGI to get more involved (not all of them are), so we know better what is going on. Some folks in the government simply do not answer our emails anymore. When the 1net list was formed, Joana and I were alternating on reporting back to the lists week by week. But as soon as 1Net was open to all, we stopped that, since it seems all of you are also in that list.
So, I agree with you in the need of transparency and reporting. And I assure you, if we are not sending news, it is because we do not have any. But rest assure that we are trying...everyday.
hugs

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:46 AM, parminder
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:parminder at itforchange.net"><parminder at itforchange.net></a>