No subject

Thu Jan 13 08:49:26 EST 2022

ven the timeframe and the methodology. I still think that the chance of any=
thing meaningful eventuating is fairly slim.

However, I would be very happy to be proved wrong. Something needs to provi=
de a breakthough in the current IG hiatus.=20

Mistakes and bad communication seem to be happening on many levels. Very li=
ttle forward progress seems to be evident and little time remains for concr=
ete developments.

But as they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. P=
erhaps Brazil will give us that small single step.

So for me, I am persevering with quite small expectations, and I think that=
 is probably our best path at this stage. There are plenty of things which =
are far from ideal but for me at least none of them suggest that it is time=
 to withdraw or stop trying to make something of this.=20

From: Carolina Rossini=20
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:22 AM
To: parminder=20
Cc: mailto:bestbits at lists.bestbits.net=20
Subject: Re: [bestbits] emails to Adiel

No problem for your words Parminder. I know there is a lot of frustration g=
oing on. But I have to secure you that ALL we know and ALL we have learned,=
 we DID communicated to the list. Everything else, we simply did not know. =
And as soon as we learned (like, CGI wanting to channel communications thro=
ugh 1Net), we communicated immediately. So, I learned that yesterday and I =
communicated that yesterday. I learned that Adiel was going to Brazil yeste=
rday or the day before and than I communicated (and then he negated, and th=
en I asked again, and then folks said..."oh, Fadi is coming". And then I se=
nt your email with the letter of the Liasons to Fadi).=20
:-)

So, I promise to you parminder, that we know as much as you. And I also can=
 tell you that CGI has been less transparency that we all would expect. We =
are actually pressuring the CS board members of CGI to get more involved (n=
ot all of them are), so we know better what is going on. Some folks in the =
government simply do not answer our emails anymore. When the 1net list was =
formed, Joana and I were alternating on reporting back to the lists week by=
 week. But as soon as 1Net was open to all, we stopped that, since it seems=
 all of you are also in that list.=20

So, I agree with you in the need of transparency and reporting. And I assur=
e you, if we are not sending news, it is because we do not have any. But re=
st assure that we are trying...everyday.=20

hugs

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:46 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrot=
e: