[bestbits] We need your input: Survey on "Putting cybersecurity on the rights track"

Daniela Schnidrig daniela at gp-digital.org
Thu Apr 25 04:19:01 EDT 2019

Dear Alex,

Thank you for sharing your project on “Putting cybersecurity on the rights
track”.  It looks like a great initiative and it’s positive to see more
groups engaging on this issue.

We know there are some groups already working on these topics, and thought
you might be interested in GPD’s portfolio on cybersecurity and human
rights which we have been running since 2014.

More information can be found on our website [
https://www.gp-digital.org/insight/cybersecurity] where we showcase some of
our publications and tools on cybersecurity and human rights [
https://www.gp-digital.org/publication/travel-guide-to-the-digital-world-cybersecurity-policy-for-human-rights-defenders/],
and on engaging in cybersecurity policy and strategy [
https://www.gp-digital.org/publication/multistakeholder-approaches-to-national-cybersecurity-strategy-development/
].

Best wishes

Daniela

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 17:17, Alex Comninos <alex.comninos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> APC is implementing a small exploratory project “Putting cybersecurity on
> the rights track” with the support of Mozilla. The goal of the project is
> to help APC develop a research and advocacy strategy to make sure that
> cybersecurity, policy and norms are influenced by civil society and
> progressive techie voices so that these policies consistently integrate a
> rights-based approach.
>
> To develop this longer term strategy and larger project plan we need APC
> members and partners to tell us what they see as critical issues, needs,
> and opportunities - at national, regional and global levels.
>
> To get your input we have developed a survey to help APC map the
> cybersecurity ecosystem in order to:
> * establish who the key actors and institutions are
> * where critical cybersecurity decisions are being made at global,
> regional, and national levels
> * identify opportunities to advance human rights-based approaches to
> cybersecurity
> * identify cybersecurity-related threats to human rights
> * help identify cybersecurity-related issues and concepts for which
> resources (explainers, briefings, etc.) would be valuable
> * investigate where APC should focus its further work in the area,
> including research
> This survey should take around 30-35 minutes. We sincerely appreciate your
> participation by next Wednesday, April 17.
>
> You will find it here. https://limesurvey.apc.org/index.php/984143?lang=en
> Please send questions to Alex or Mehar at alex.comninos at gmail.com or
> mehar at apc.org
>
> Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!
>
> "Putting cybersecurity on the rights track" project team
> Anriette Esterhuysen; Deborah Brown; Alex Comninos (researche consultant)
> and Mehar Gujral (policy analyst intern)
> --
> Alex Comninos
> http://alex.africa
>
> I am transitioning to a new email address: hello at alex.africa

*Daniela Schnidrig*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | Skype: daniela.globalpartners
PGP ID: 097FFAE4C4617234 | PGP Fingerprint: 8C2F 0C46 16AF 3968 5DF7 87F6
097F FAE4 C461 7234
gp-digital.org