[bestbits] Reminder: Survey on "Putting cybersecurity on the rights track"

Alex Comninos alex.comninos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:03:14 EDT 2019

Dear All,

We would like to extend participation in the survey and thus extend the deadline to the 25 of April at 23:59 UTC.

To all of you who have filled out the survey, we thank you very much and are excited to analyse your inputs.

Please let s know if you have any problems with the survey or general feedback on the survey. We look forward to your responses, below is the invitation to the survey.

The survey is explained as in the original email below:

APC is implementing a small exploratory project “Putting cybersecurity on the rights track” with the support of Mozilla. The goal of the project is to help APC develop a research and advocacy strategy to make sure that cybersecurity, policy and norms are influenced by civil society and progressive techie voices so that these policies consistently integrate a rights-based approach.

To develop this longer term strategy and larger project plan we need APC members and partners to tell us what they see as critical issues, needs, and opportunities - at national, regional and global levels.

To get your input we have developed a survey to help APC map the cybersecurity ecosystem in order to:
* •	establish who the key actors and institutions are
* •	where critical cybersecurity decisions are being made at global, regional, and national levels
* •	identify opportunities to advance human rights-based approaches to cybersecurity
* •	identify cybersecurity-related threats to human rights
* •	help identify cybersecurity-related issues and concepts for which resources (explainers, briefings, etc.) would be valuable
* •	investigate where APC should focus its further work in the area, including research
This survey should take around 30-35 minutes. We sincerely appreciate your participation by the 25th of April.

You will find it here. https://limesurvey.apc.org/index.php/984143?lang=en
Please send questions to Alex or Mehar at alex.comninos at gmail.com or mehar at apc.org

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

"Putting cybersecurity on the rights track" project team
Anriette Esterhuysen; Deborah Brown; Alex Comninos (researcher) and Mehar Gujral (policy analyst intern)

I am transitioning to a new email address: hello at alex.africa