[bestbits] Reminder: Civil Society Meeting - CSCG groups - 19:30 IGF Paris

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Tue Nov 13 06:19:04 EST 2018

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this output from the meeting, Jean!

Two things seemed to come out of our brief meeting yesterday 1) that we
need to host elections for Bestbits steering committee members as both
terms have expired and 2) that we should organise a coordination meeting
just before large-scale global events in the community - such as before
RightsCon and we also shared the idea of coordinating a meeting before IFF
too (contingent on reaching out to the organisers and that being possible
of course)! The point was also made, as Jean has pointed out, that we
should involve the Youth IGF more in our efforts including any coordination
meetings

What does everyone think about this? And what would you like such a meeting
to focus on?

@Renata/Jean/others who were there - was there anything I missed?

Best
Sheetal.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 09:05, Jean F. Quéralt <jfqueralt at theiofoundation.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> Following up what we discussed last night about engaging Youth IGF, could
> we designate someone per area/region/continent? The task would be to ease
> up a bit the onboarding.
>
> I could take care of linking with Agita from Indonesia whom, for all i
> know, kinda represents ASEAN.
>
> Cheers.
>

> On November 12, 2018 17:17:09 Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Reminder: Civil Society Meeting - CSCG groups - 19:30 IGF Paris
>>
>> Hi everyone I have managed to book a room for a Civil Society Meeting
>> and I'm publicizing this in CSCG groups
>>
>> Bilateral rooms are small but I have managed to book enough places
>>
>> Room: S.376 - UNESCO
>>
>> 7:30pm-8:30pm (UTC+1)
>>
>> Date: Monday, Nov 12, 2018
>>
>> @renataaquino

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F
E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|