[bestbits] GPD Encryption Map

Richard Wingfield richard at gp-digital.org
Thu May 10 10:41:28 EDT 2018

Dear all,

Last year, Global Partners Digital launched our World Map of Encryption
Laws and Policies <https://www.gp-digital.org/world-map-of-encryption/>,
providing information on national encryption-related legislation and
policies across the world. We've been really pleased with the positive
feedback we received on this initial iteration of the map, and we're now
planning to build on the map by conducting further research and adding new
functionality.

Before we do that, we want to be confident that we're approaching the
issues correctly, particularly how we categorise the different types of
encryption-related laws and policies. We also want to get further feedback
on the current version of the map, and how it is used (or could be used).

For this, we're reaching out to the community. We've prepared a survey to
gather feedback. We've also developed a document (attached) which provides
some information on the current version of the map and the categories we
use, for people to review before completing the survey itself which can be
found here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXAHUHcCDYtkYsWA-6MfFSnlq87Y1ZqXXxg5etFTTRQjAv6A/viewform?usp=sf_link>
.

We really value any feedback provided as a means to help us improve the map
and make it a more useful tool for all those engaged on encryption as an
issue.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Yours,

Richard

*Richard Wingfield*
Legal Officer | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | Skype: richard at gp-digital.org
gp-digital.org