[bestbits] New report: "Multistakeholder approaches to national cybersecurity strategy development"

Daniela Schnidrig daniela at gp-digital.org
Tue Jul 3 08:17:45 EDT 2018

*Dear all,[With apologies for cross-posting] I hope you are very well. I am
delighted to share with you GPD’s latest report, Multistakeholder
Approaches to National Cybersecurity Strategy Development.
<https://www.gp-digital.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Multistakeholder-Approaches-to-National-Cybersecurity-Strategy-Development.pdf>For
some time, governments and non-governmental actors alike have been calling
for greater stakeholder involvement in cybersecurity policy. Despite this,
multistakeholder approaches to national cybersecurity strategy (NCSS)
development remain comparatively rare. In part, this is a result of a
critical gap in the cyber capacity building landscape, which currently
offers few resources to support and guide the implementation of such
approaches.The report seeks to address this gap. Drawing on GPD’s own
extensive research into multistakeholder processes
<https://www.gp-digital.org/publication/multistakeholder-framework/>, as
well as real-life examples of good practice in Chile, Ghana, Kenya, and
Mexico, it sets out guidelines and recommendations for multistakeholder
approaches to NCSS development that can be employed in a range of contexts.
We hope you find this resource useful. We very much welcome feedback on all
aspects of the report, as well as further use cases which capture real-life
examples of multistakeholder approaches to NCSS development. In addition,
ideas and thoughts on how to best advance and expand the application of
multistakeholder approaches to NCSS development will be more than welcome.
Best wishes*Daniela

--

*Daniela Schnidrig*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL