[bestbits] The Youth Observatory sends a letter in support of ICANNWiki work

Verónica Arroyo luisaveronicaarroyo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:39:24 EST 2018

Dear people,

We, the members of the Youth Observatory SIG of ISOC, are activately
working for participating on the internet building process. As part of the
young people engaged on the internet debates we kindly ask you to consider
the following arguments supporting the work of ICANNWiki.

Our members have been actively engaged in editing the platform despite
having any direct involvement with ICANN.

ICANNWiki gives us remote access to a process of consolidating and building
confidence to keep track of the developments in the field of Internet
governance and DNS policy.

For us, the Wiki plays an important and innovative role in many aspects of
Youth Engagement and Capacity Building on Internet. We believe that cutting
ICANNWiki's funding will have a significant negative impact on ICANN and on
the Internet Governance community.

Please, see the full open letter here (​http://www.obdjuv.org/
activity/news/a-letter-in-support-of-icannwiki​)

P.S. The letter is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese, please
click on the flag to select the language.

Best,

*Verónica Arroyo*
*Vice President*
*Youth Observatory*