[bestbits] The invisible curation of content | Facebook’s News Feed and our information diets

Renata Avila renata.avila at webfoundation.org
Fri Apr 27 04:48:32 EDT 2018

Dear everyone,

With the Web Foundation and my colleagues Juan Ortiz and Craig Fagan, we
recently published a very cool study looking into the way Facebook
distributes the news:

Here a sample of our findings:

You can read it here, available in English and Spanish

https://webfoundation.org/research/the-invisible-curation-of-content-facebooks-news-feed-and-our-information-diets/

And the source data is available for you to look into it and play with it.

All the best,

Renata Avila

*Senior Digital Rights Advisor*
renata.avila at webfoundation.org

*1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20005, USA* *| *
*www.webfoundation.org* <http://www.webfoundation.org/>* | Twitter:
@webfoundation*