[bestbits] [MAG 2018 ELECTIONS] CSCG call for nominations to Best Bits
sheetal at gp-digital.org
Fri Oct 20 06:06:25 EDT 2017
Please find below the details of the process by which all Best Bits members
are invited to submit nominations to the Civil Society Coordination Group
(CSCG) as part of the 2018 elections for the IGF Multistakeholder Advisory
Group (MAG). Our procedures of appointments can be found at this link:
The CSCG exists solely to ensure a coordinated civil society response and
conduit when it comes to making civil society appointments to outside
A dedicated Nomination Committee (or NomCom) has been set up to facilitate
this process within the CSCG. The NomCom is comprised of one (1)
representative from our coalition members, namely the Association for
Progressive Communications (APC), Best Bits, Just Net Coalition (JNC),
ICANN’s NCSG and the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC). The NomCom is
coordinated by a non voting chair (Arsene Tungali), supported by CSCG
Co-chair (Richard Hill). You will find all the necessary information below.
The NomCom have been tasked by the Civil Society Coordination Group (CSCG)
to run the process of selection and endorsement of civil society candidates
nominated for the 2018 IGF MAG selection round.
Based on this information (https://www.intgovforum.org/
multilingual/content/mag-2018-renewal-0), this year, there are 6 seats
available for civil society candidates, the CSCG has decided to endorse a
pull of up to 8 names where the IGF Secretariat will choose from. The
deadline for nominations to be sent to the NomCom is *October 31.*
Thank you for being part of this process and please let me know should you
have any questions.
* 2018 IGF MAG Selection Round – Nominations Selection criteria*
- Candidates should have extensive linkages with civil society groups.
- Candidates must be able to provide advice on the programme and main
themes of the next meeting of the IGF.
- Candidates must be able attend two to three MAG meetings in Geneva,
Switzerland, in addition to the annual IGF meeting.
- They should participate actively in the preparatory process throughout
the year, through engagement in the online multilateral dialogue among MAG
- Candidates should address these selection criteria in their statement.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
* Timetable for the process*
Here are important dates to consider for this process:
- *October 20th:* NomCom 11 agree on the process which will be included
in the call for nominations;
- *October 21st:* Nomination opens.
- *October 31:* Deadline for nominations from CSCG constituencies to be
sent to the CSCG NomCom
- *1–6 November*: NomCom shortlist and decide on the 8 names to send to
the IGF Secretariat
- *November 7th:* Notification to selected candidates.
- *November 8–10th:* NomCom Chair will fill in the nomination form (as
Nominator) as well as communicate with the IGF Secretariat through an
* How to seek CSCG endorsement?*
Candidates who are willing to go through the endorsement process by the
CSCG should do the following:
Produce a Statement of Interest (SOI) of no more than 2 pages where they
address the selection criteria as set above ;
Send their SOI (in .doc format) to nomcom11 at internetgov-cs.org
copying their constituency’s mailing list and/or their NomCom
representative (for bestbits this is *sheetal at gp-digital.org
<sheetal at gp-digital.org>*) with email subject: “My
[Family Name] 2018 IGF MAG SOI”;
In their SOI, they should include the following information required in the
IGF MAG application form:
- Family Name
- Given Name
- Job Title
- Contact Telephone (including country code)
- Regional Group
- Nationality (ies) (multiple nationalities can be specified, must be UN
- Country of Residence
- City of Residence
- Justification for the nomination, providing relevant background
information (no more than 200 words)
* What is the IGF MAG?*
Here is some background information with regards to the IGF MAG:
The 2018 Renewal Call with information about number of available seats
for Civil Society as well as the names of MAG members who are stepping
down : https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/mag-2018-renewal-0
The 2018 Nomination Form can be accessed here:
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514 |
PGP ID: AAEDBF8AFE87EF53 | PGP Fingerprint: 9CD3 46A5 21A1 DFD9 FDD0 457D
AAED BF8A FE87 EF53 |
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bestbits