[bestbits] ITU CWG-Internet Open Consultation - CSO Strategy/Coordination

Mehwish Ansari mehwish at article19.org
Tue Nov 7 17:32:40 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again: the ITU's Council Working Group on
Internet-related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet) has launched a new
open consultation on "Bridging the Gender Digital Divide". The deadline
for written submissions is *Saturday, December 23*. You can find details
on the consultation here
<https://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/consultation-oct2017.aspx>.

To that end, we and GPD would like to have *a **civil society strategy
call next week to coordinate *in anticipation of the submission
deadline. In particular, it'll be an opportunity to discuss some of the
ongoing trends regarding gender issues that we've seen elsewhere in the
ITU, and how they may impact our strategic approach to the consultation.
Considering that Plenipot is just a year away, the outcomes of these
consultations will be especially important to the agenda for the ITU's
next study period.

If you're interested in the consultation topic or the ITU, or are
already planning on contributing a submission, join us: please fill out
this Doodle poll <https://doodle.com/poll/rubrqa834t9cffzb> by Thursday
(11/9), so that we can confirm a time for the call.

Best,
Mehwish

--
Mehwish Ansari
Digital Programme

ARTICLE 19
www.article19.org

PGP Fingerprint    C502 CF43 EEE3 4C8D 0976
                   C5F3 CE71 E459 F6CF A79F